|What I love more about homemade blueberry muffins is that I can greedily top them with an evil layer of streusel.|
|The crispiness and sweetness of cinnamon and brown sugar really bring these bad boys into a whole new level. Not to mention the heavenly smell that comes out from the oven when they are freshly-baked! Seriously, you don't need no home fragrance.|
(Makes 1 doz)
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp lemon zest
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
2 tbsp all purpose flour
5 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp cold butter, diced
- Preheat oven to 375F / 190C. Line your muffin liners on a muffin baking tray.
- Combine flour with baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- In a small bowl, stir in 1 to 2 tbsp flour to the blueberries and set aside. (This is to prevent your blueberries all sink to the bottom.)
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add beaten eggs one at a time. Mix well.
- Add vanilla and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- Fold in blueberries gentle. Do not overmix.
- Scoop batter into muffin liners with a ice cream scooper.
- For the streusel topping, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Cut in butter with fork or pastry blender until mixture becomes crumbly.
- Sprinkle streusel over batter in muffin liners.
- Bake for 18-20 mins. Allow cool after remove from over. Serve in 5-10 mins.