|Got these beautiful Italian cherry tomatoes on vine from the fresh food market last week. Quite the eye candy, aren't they?|
|And yet, I managed to make some evil business out of these healthy little treats. ;->|
|And here goes the 3 important ingredients for a crispy chicken parmesan: bread crumbs, beaten egg and plain flour.|
|You know the drill...|
Step 1) Coat the chicken in flour.
Step 2) Dip it in egg wash.
Step 3) Press the bread crumbs firmly onto the chicken.
|Bake until both sides are crispy and take the chicken out from oven.|
Smear a thin layer of ketchup and add a few pieces of diced cherry tomatoes onto your chicken. Lastly, pile up a small cheese mountain!
|But baking in an oven solves it all for me. Yay! |
It can literally be oil-free but I did drizzle a few tbsps of olive oil to prevent the chicken from being too dry.
|And they turned out BEAUTIFULLY! |
You now may enjoy some yummy foodies that are actually healthy and low in fat. I am starting to regret typing this 5am in the morning. All these pictures are making my mouth watering!
(makes 5 servings)
5 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
10 cherry tomatoes, diced
1 cup 4 cheese Mexican (Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Queso Quesadilla & Asadero)
1/2 cup plain flour
1 egg, beaten
1 cup japanese bread crumbs
1/4 cup ketchup
ground black pepper
2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F /200C.
- Place chicken thighs in a zip lock bag and pound the chicken with a roller pin to a thickness of 1/2 inch. Season chicken with salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Beat egg in a bowl.
- Place bread crumbs and flour in separate plates. Season each with some salt and pepper.
- Thinly-coat chicken in flour. Dip flour-coated chicken in beaten egg. Then press breadcrumbs firmly into both sides of chicken. Repeat for each chicken thigh.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet (with or without parchment paper). Drizzle olive oil on top.
- Bake for 8 mins. Turn over and bake for 2-3 mins until both sides crispy.
- Take the chicken out from oven. Smear a thin layer of ketchup onto each chicken thigh and place a few pieces of diced cherry tomatoes on it. Pile cheese on top.
- Bake for another 3-5 mins until cheese is all melted and slightly golden brown.
- Allow cool for 1-2 mins and serve with some strawberry jam. Enjoy!