|Finely chop or dice a shallot.|
|I used frozen green peas. You can use either frozen, canned or fresh.|
|You may also add other vegetables such as celery, carrot, onion, etc. Pretty much whatever you have on hand.|
|Stir fry everything until golden brown. Stir in flour and some salt and pepper. The flour is for thickening up the filling.|
|Pour chicken broth into the pot.|
|Simmer for 7-10 mins and turn to low heat. Then add milk and cream. |
I also added some parsley for more flavour and color.
At the point, this rich and creamy chicken and pea soup is ready to be served.
YET, we have to make your day even better :)
|Let your puff pastry thaw before you start cooking.|
(That is why I suggest you always read my entire blog post first ;) )
Slightly dust the work surface and pastry dough with plain flour. Roll the pastry dough out (instructions here) and cut it into desired size.
I cut it into circles according to my mug size. Cover up the mug, use some water to seal the surroundings and cut off excess dough. Punch a small hole in the middle to allow steam to escape.
|B o n a p p e t i t !|
|.....puffy and crispy!|
I almost felt bad having to poke it through....but I did :D
|And I didn't regret it.|
|The filling is warm and creamy. Full of chicken and peas in each bite.|
|I love dunking the puff pastry into the soup filling and eat it all in one bite. Heavenly!|
|Never too much pepper.|
|Hope you like my recipe.|
See you until next time.
(Makes 2 servings)
1/2 cup diced skinless, boneless chicken fillet
1/2 cup frozen green peas
1 diced shallot
1 tsp cooking olive oil
2 tbsp plain flour
1 cup organic low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
frozen puff pastry
- Thaw puff pastry 1 hour before use. Preheat oven to 400F / 200C.
- Marinate chicken with some sea salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper and set aside for 10-15 mins.
- Wash and drain the peas. Dice the shallot.
- Heat oil and stir fry the shallot. Add chicken and cook until golden brown. Add peas.
- Stir in flour and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to your preference.
- Slowly stir in chicken broth. Simmer over medium-low heat for 7-10 mins until thick.
- Turn the heat to low, stir in milk and cream.
- Place filling into a mug. Cover it with a rolled-out and cut puff pastry. Seal the edges with water.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 mins until pastry is puffy and golden brown.
- Allow cool for 3 mins before serving.